- Westbourne House
|Location||Who we help|
|Westminster, London||Young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness|
|How we help||How to volunteer or get involved|
|A 12-bed housing project with staff and support offered on premises throughout the week.||Check out our Get Involved section to volunteer, potential volunteers welcome to visit and meet staff.|
|Contact details||About us|
|Call 020 7792 0625 between 8am and 11pm daily, or email firstname.lastname@example.org||All young people must be referred to the project by Westminster Referral.|
At Westbourne House we take a holistic approach when working with our young people, supporting them to achieve their individual goals. The exact type of support can depend on the needs of each young person and can include:
- Help with benefits
- Assistance with budgeting
- Help with housing applications
- Assistance with finding and keeping employment and voluntary work
- Help with accessing education and training
- Referrals to outside agencies where appropriate
- Help with independent living skills
- Dedicated one-to-one support from key workers
- Opportunities to take part in activities to develop independent living skills
- Opportunities to take part in the running of the project
We also offer assistance with move on to private rented, semi-independent or independent accommodation based on four-monthly pathway reviews, and supply young people with bedding, a kettle, pots and pans.
Staff do a lot of informal education with residents through socialising in the lounge or having BBQs because we believe it is essential to build up trust and mutual respect.
We believe in the untapped potential of our young people and help them to develop self-confidence, self-esteem and self-belief by encouraging and supporting them to work or volunteer in the Borough of Westminster.