- Home > Our Work > Our Projects > Oldham Reconnect
|Location||Who we help|
|Oldham||People aged 15 years and 10 months to 25 and their families|
|How we help||How to volunteer or get involved|
|We help them to communicate using an impartial third person, a mediator.||Call or email Oldham Reconnect to discuss how you can get involved.|
|Contact details||About us|
|Call Dean Owens-Cooper on 07789 981 256 or email firstname.lastname@example.org||We recognise the importance of the family in preventing homelessness. In many cases, families do not want to ask young people to leave but also may not know where to turn.|
Oldham Reconnect helps young people and their families through mediation:
- Mediation is not about taking sides or imposing solutions
- It should not be about winning or losing
- It is voluntary and can be stopped at any time
- It is not counselling or therapy, but does offer a chance to talk about difficult family and personal issues and focus on how things could be different in the future
- It aims for a constructive exchange of information, ideas and feelings in order to find an achievable solution that meets the needs of all who take part
- Provide someone to talk to in confidence about their family situation and potential solutions
- Offer to talk with family members on the young person’s behalf
- Set up a family meeting when appropriate
- Offer ongoing support to the young person and their family
- Support young people by making phone calls or writing letters for them
- Give one-to-one support for parents
- Offer advice on potential options
The service operates in the Oldham area only. Anyone needing support or advice can drop in or contact us by phone or email. We accept referrals from external agencies, young people themselves, parents or carers.
Our address is: Oldham Reconnect, Depaul UK, Positive Steps, Medtia Place, 80 Union Street, Oldham OL1 1DJ. Referral is via email and on a referral form to Dean Owens-Cooper.
Mobile: 07789 981256
Office Hours are Monday to Friday, 8am – 4pm. However, we are flexible and can arrange to meet outside of these times when required.