- Home > Our Work > Projects > The Grove
|Location||Who we help|
|West Kent||Young people at risk of homelessness or leaving care, aged 16-25.|
|How we help||How to volunteer or get involved|
|Housing and related support, including maintaining tenancies, developing independent living and budgeting skills, reconnecting with family or developing new social networks.||Call the project or check out our Get Involved page.|
|Contact details||About us|
|Office: 01474 352668 Out of hours: 07779154261 or email us: email@example.com||The Grove covers Dartford, Gravesham, Maidstone, Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells. We accept referrals from agencies and some self-referrals.|
The Grove is a supported accomodation project, meaning that young people staying here benefit not only from a safe environment but also from additional support given by the staff and other agencies.
When young people come to the Grove, we assess their needs and create a list of goals for every young person staying with us.
The staff then work with young people to help them achieve these goals.
Every young person meets with their key worker once a week to get the following support:
- Housing related support,
- Support with maintaining their accommodation,
- Support to access other services,
- Help with getting benefits,
- Development of independent living skills,
- Development of budgeting skills,
- Encouragement to reconnect with family, or develop new social networks,
- Assistance in taking up education, training and employment opportunities, and
- Empowerment to be socially included.
- Clients will also attend workshops arranged by staff including ones in:
- Cooking, cleaning and daily living skills,
- Money management and budgeting,
- Sexual health, and
- Drug and alcohol awareness.
House meetings are held monthly so clients can come together to raise any concerns and make suggestions and the staff can communicate any Depaul news.
We have good client involvement and encourage clients to participate in Depaul’s activities and feedback to us to ensure we can continue improving our services.
The Grove works closely with the local council to support young people to move on to independent living, referring the client to the council.
We support young people to get furniture and and the electrical goods they need for their new flat.
The transition from supported accommodation to independent living can be a difficult time for the young person, so we provide support for three months after they have moved on.
The Grove can support clients for up to two years, but our average stay is six months.