Get Help | Depaulcharity

Depaul helps people who are homeless, vulnerable and disadvantaged.

Exit quickly

Get Help

Every year, Depaul works with thousands of young people who are in a crisis or experiencing homelessness. To get help, look through these questions:

I am 16-25 and homeless, where can I stay?

Emergency Accommodation

 Depaul's emergency accommodation service Nightstop UK can help you find a place to stay tonight:

You can find out where your nearest Nightstop is here or to find out more you can email us or call 0207 939 1235 or 0207 939 1254. Please note this email address and these phone number are not checked in the evenings or weekends.

Out of hours, an organisation called The Mix may be able to help find you options. The Mix supports young people aged 25 and under with any issue they may be going through, and is open every day from 11am to 11pm. You can call them for free on 0808 808 4994, email, and chat one-to-one through its website.

 Longer-term Housing

To stay at Depaul’s supported accommodation projects or access Depaul’s other services, you need to be referred by your Local Authority. Find your Local Authority.

Other Services

To find the latest link of hostels and shelters for winter 2015, look here

For more advice, call Shelter’s emergency helpline 0808 800 4444, they are able to advise young people and direct you to a service that can help.

I am worried about a health issue, who can I talk to?

If you are worried about yourself or a young person you care about, The Mix helpline might be able to help. The line is a free, confidential advice line for young people that can help with questions around health, homelessness and other concerns. You can call them on this number 0808 808 4994, access their website or download the app on iTunes or Google Play.

For questions about mental health, try the Samaritans: 08457 90 90 90

For drug-related questions, call the Frank helpline: 0800 77 66 00

For sexual Health and family planning questions, try the following:

Brook: 0808 802 1234

Family Planning Association: 0845 122 8690

British Pregnancy Advisory Service: 08457 30 40 30

I am in debt or need help with housing benefits, what should I do?

For the first point of help with debt and financial questions, you can speak to The Citizens Advice, the service helps people resolve their legal, money and other problems by providing free information and advice from 3,300 locations. Find your nearest location here

I don't feel safe where I am, what can I do?

If you feel in immediate danger, call the police on 999 as soon as you can.

If you feel under threat but not in immediate danger, call the police on 101, or try the confidential free helplines for children and young people, ChildLine, 0800 1111 and NSPCC, 0808 800 5000.

If you have left home and need advice on where to find somewhere safe to stay tonight then the Runaway Helpline is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call or text 116 000.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We do not share your information with any third parties. You can disable cookies in your browser but please note this may prevent some parts of our site from functioning correctly.