- Young Person Counsellor Coordinator
Young Person Counsellor Coordinator
|Job title||Job reference number|
|Young Person Counsellor Coordinator||0405.YPCC.SH|
|Salary||Hours per week|
|Permanent||Sherborne House SE1 4QQ|
Depaul helps people around the UK who are homeless, vulnerable and disadvantaged, with a special focus on young people. We are a homelessness charity with the largest network of emergency accommodation for young people in the UK, making a difference to the lives of thousands of young people each year. We are unique, innovative and very passionate about what we do, working in the very heart of local communities.
You will have a vital role to play in helping us achieve our mission of offering homeless and disadvantaged people the opportunity to fulfil their potential and move towards an independent and positive future.
Since we started in 1989, we have helped more than 63,000 young people. To find out more about the work we do visit our website or follow us on Facebook.
To be a success as our Young Person Counselling Coordinator you will have:
- A recognized counselling qualification at diploma or higher level (or equivalent) and be accredited with BACP (or equivalent)
- A qualification in counselling supervision (desirable)
- Experience of and ability to conduct group supervisions
- Training in and experience of providing CBT and/or Integrative and Person Centered models in 1-2-1 and group settings
- Experience in providing support to vulnerable young people
- Experience in recruiting and supporting volunteers/trainees
- Experience of working to specific contract requirements; ability to analyze and provide statistics and reports in line with contract requirements
- Experience of coordinating a number of people and activities to deliver against specific contract requirements
- Experience of developing relationships with internal and external services to set up referral routes and joint working
- Experience in supervising the work of counsellors
- Experience in using risk assessments
- The ability to ensure all performance targets are met
- Experience in a range of Computer Literacy
- The flexibility to work some evenings where applicable
In return, we can offer you…
In return we can offer a range of employee benefits including; competitive salary, five weeks annual holiday plus bank holidays (rising to six weeks plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, life assurance and childcare voucher scheme.
Depaul strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. If you require information to be sent to you in an alternative format please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 939 1250.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients.
Closing date: 28.05.2018 at midnight
Interview date: TBC
Please complete the below application documents and return to email@example.com by no later than the closing date and time stated above
Applications received after the deadline will not be put forward for shortlisting,
CVs will not be considered.
We kindly request no contact from recruitment or media agencies.
The Depaul Box Company
Do you want to help homeless young people but don't know where to start?
If you are moving house or putting stuff in storage, use the Depaul Box Company!
Instead of just relying on donations, the Depaul Box Company is our way to raise funds for our work while supplying you with boxes when you need them.
Our boxes look, cost and work exactly the same as all the others out there. The only difference is ours do a lot of good for the homeless.
By using a box, you can ensure a young person doesn’t have to sleep on one!