- Young Person Counsellor Coordinator
Young Person Counsellor Coordinator
|Job title||Job reference number|
|Young Person Counsellor Coordinator||0717.YPCC.AIL|
|Salary||Hours per week|
Depaul helps people around the UK who are homeless, vulnerable and disadvantaged, with a special focus on young people. We are a homelessness charity with the largest network of emergency accommodation for young people in the UK, making a difference to the lives of thousands of young people each year. We are unique, innovative and very passionate about what we do, working in the very heart of local communities.
You will have a vital role to play in helping us achieve our mission of offering homeless and disadvantaged people the opportunity to fulfil their potential and move towards an independent and positive future.
Since we started in 1989, we have helped more than 63,000 young people. To find out more about the work we do visit our website or follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/depauluk.
To succeed in this role we require you the successful candidate to:
- Hold a recognised counselling qualification at diploma or higher level (or equivalent) and accredited with BACP (or equivalent)
- Qualification in Counselling supervision desirable
- Experience of group supervision desirable
- Training and experience of providing CBT and/or Integrative and
- Person Centred models in a 1-2-1 and group setting
- Experience in providing support to vulnerable young people
- Experience in recruiting and supporting volunteers/trainees
- Experience of working to specific contract requirements and provide statistics and reports in line with contract requirements
- Experience of coordinating a number of people and activities to deliver against specific contract requirements
- Experience of developing relationships with internal and external
- services to set up referral routes and joint working
- Experience in supervising the work of counsellors
- Experience in using risk assessments
- To ensure all performance targets are met
In return we can offer a range of employee benefits including; competitive salary, five weeks annual holiday plus bank holidays (rising to six weeks plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, life assurance and childcare voucher scheme.
Depaul strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. If you require information to be sent to you in an alternative format please let us know by contacting email@example.com or 0207 939 1250.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients.
Closing date: Thursday, 27 July 2017 at midday
Interview date: TBC
Please complete the below application documents and return to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the closing date and time stated above as applications received after the deadline will not be put forward for shortlisting, CVs will also not be considered.
We kindly request no contact from Recruitment or Media Agencies.