- Home > Our Work > Our Projects > South Tyneside Homelessness Consortium
South Tyneside Homelessness Consortium
|Location||Who we help|
|South Tyneside||We help young people in South Tyneside aged from 16 to 24|
|How we help||How to volunteer or get involved|
|Depaul UK, South Tyneside Churches KEY Project and Places for People work together as a consortium to meet the housing and support needs of vulnerable young people in South Tyneside.||Get in touch with the Depaul Volunteer and Mentor Coordinator Amy Jobling on 0191 253 6191 or Amy.Jobling@depaulcharity.org.uk|
|Contact details||About us|
|Contact Manager Penny Brunton on 0191 455 6584 or email Penny.Brunton@depaulcharity.org.uk||We offer a prevention and intervention service with advice and assessment, family reconnect and social and educational work, stabilisation services with a range of supported housing schemes and resettlement services with move-on and floating support.|
The aim was to provide a more efficient and effective service for homeless young people in the borough than had previously existed.
Each organisation retains its own identity while working in partnership - sharing a collective vision of preventing homelessness and encouraging independence among young people.
The aim of the Consortium is to:
- Provide better services to the young people whose needs it serves
- Build a stronger and more effective support network within South Tyneside
- Develop the capacity and experience of each of its partners
- Give commissioners user-led, value-for-money services that embrace diversity and improvement and meet priorities
- Work in partnership with agencies, service users, stakeholders and commissioners to develop services, increase choice and identify and address unmet needs