|Location||Who we help|
|Across London and selected projects throughout the UK||Young people between 14 and 25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness|
|How we help||How to volunteer or get involved|
|We support young people to rebuild their family relationships and help those who want to return home.||Please contact our national volunteer team throught the Get Involved section of the website to find out more about volunteering.|
|Contact details||About us|
|email@example.com||We provide one-to-one sessions to assess a young person's situation, help identify solutions and mediate between family members without taking sides.|
Reconnect projects aim to improve communication, mutual understanding and respect between young people and their families by addressing, rather than going back over, family conflicts and areas of difficulty in their relationships.
Reconnect also addresses young people's interactions and responsibilities in the wider community.
Reconnect works with young people from all walks of life.
We aim to support young people in being able to build, rebuild, strengthen and maintain positive and healthy relationships with people around them.
- Young people can talk to someone in confidence about their family situation.
- A trained mediator will listen to the young person and their parent/carer without taking sides.
- A family meeting can be set up if that is what the young person wants and/or needs.
- The mediators can provide a safe place to meet where the young person and their family members can hear each other’s point of view.
- They can help young people to identify the problems and what they would like to happen in the future.
- The mediators work towards ensuring that everyone works together to find realistic and achievable solutions.
Reconnect works with young people on a voluntary basis. We will not coerce anyone into re-establishing contact or returning home, nor will we work with parents or other relatives against the wishes of a young person.
Where a young person has moved into permanent accommodation or has been evicted from their hostel we can support the young person to build back a relationship with their parent/s and or guardian/s.