- 1405.PC.NW - Progression Coach
|Job title||Job reference number|
|Salary||Hours per week|
|£18,675 pa plus pension and other benefits||37.5|
|Permanent||Manchester, M19 2WL|
Depaul supports people around the UK who are homeless, vulnerable and disadvantaged, with a specific focus on young people. We are a homelessness charity with the largest network of emergency accommodation for young people in the UK, making a difference to the lives of thousands of young people each year. We are unique, innovative and very passionate about what we do, working in the very heart of local communities. You will have a vital role to play in helping us achieve our mission of offering homeless and disadvantaged people the opportunity to fulfill their potential and move towards an independent and positive future. Since we started in 1989, we have helped more than 63,000 young people. To find out more about the work we do visit our website or follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/depauluk.
We require a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to join our team to provide seamless and cohesive support to some of the highest need young people in the Manchester area. You will manage a case load under the direction, guidance and support of the Senior Progression Coach. You may not necessarily have significant experience of the homelessness or housing sector but, you will be passionate about supporting young people to overcome multiple barriers and have a willingness to learn about this sector. There are excellent opportunities for further training, professional development, and progression from this entry-level position into more senior roles if opportunities arise.
The role will involve carrying out Depaul’s commitment to successfully deliver the contracted outcomes. We are commissioned by Manchester City Council to provide accommodation and housing related support for high need young people aged 16-25 across two 24-hour staffed projects. We work closely with voluntary and statutory agencies in Manchester to ensure we meet the needs of the young people in the most effective and appropriate way. We work to build resilience in the young people we support and to inspire them to achieve their potential.
To be a success in this role you will:
- Have an understanding of the difficulties facing young people in Manchester which may lead them to become homeless or vulnerably accommodated
- Have a high standard of written and spoken English and IT skills in order to complete reports, support plans, risk assessments and other documents
- Show initiative, creativity and innovation in your work and take a proactive approach to engaging some of Manchester’s most marginalised and complex young people and to address issues around their behaviour, mental health and wellbeing.
- Have strong organisational and time management skills in order to keywork a caseload of young people and complete expected tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Show a willingness to take responsibility for your own learning and development, utilising in-house and external training opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge to progress professionally and personally.
- Take a “hands-on” approach to maintaining the project’s physical environment and supporting the staff team to maintain a safe, clean environment for our young people to live in.
In return we can offer a range of employee benefits including; competitive salary, five weeks annual holiday plus bank holidays (rising to six weeks plus bank holidays with longer service), contributory pension scheme, life assurance and childcare voucher scheme.
Depaul strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. If you require information to be sent to you in an alternative format please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 939 1250.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients.
Closing date: 04 / 06 /18 at midday
Interview date: 08/ 06 /18
Please complete the below application documents and return to email@example.com by no later than the closing date and time stated above as applications received after the deadline will not be put forward for shortlisting, CVs will also not be considered.
We kindly request no contact from recruitment or media agencies.
The Depaul Box Company
Do you want to help homeless young people but don't know where to start?
If you are moving house or putting stuff in storage, use the Depaul Box Company!
Instead of just relying on donations, the Depaul Box Company is our way to raise funds for our work while supplying you with boxes when you need them.
Our boxes look, cost and work exactly the same as all the others out there. The only difference is ours do a lot of good for the homeless.
By using a box, you can ensure a young person doesn’t have to sleep on one!