- Night Support Worker - North West
Night Support Worker
|Job title||Job reference number|
|Night Support Worker||0907.NSW.NW|
|Salary||Hours per week|
|£17,200 per annum plus pension and other benefits||37.5|
|Permanent||Manchester, M19 2WL|
Depaul helps people around the UK who are homeless, vulnerable and disadvantaged, with a special focus on young people. We are a homelessness charity with the largest network of emergency accommodation for young people in the UK, making a difference to the lives of thousands of young people each year. We are unique, innovative and very passionate about what we do, working in the very heart of local communities.
You will have a vital role to play in helping us achieve our mission of offering homeless and disadvantaged people the opportunity to fulfil their potential and move towards an independent and positive future.
Since we started in 1989, we have helped more than 63,000 young people. To find out more about the work we do visit our website or follow us on Facebook.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience of lone working with high needs clients.
- An understanding and commitment to working in an assets based way.
- An understanding of the needs of people who have experienced homelessness, poor mental health, substance use or have been looked after children.
- A knowledge and understanding of risk assessments and support planning.
- Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Able to demonstrate clear understanding of safeguarding requirements and procedures
- Commitment to working in a manner, which promotes diversity and equality ensuring that everyone is treated with respect and dignity and no one, suffers from discrimination.
- Commitment to promoting an environment, which has the highest regard for the Health and Safety of others.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- High level understanding of professional boundaries and ability to maintain boundaries.
- Effective collaborative working.
- Ability to effectively reflect on own practices for ongoing learning and development and willingness to engage in all training and development opportunities available.
- Respect for the values and ethos of Depaul UK and its founding partners.
In return we can offer a range of employee benefits including; competitive salary, five weeks annual holiday plus bank holidays (rising to six weeks plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, life assurance and childcare voucher scheme.
Depaul strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. If you require information to be sent to you in an alternative format please let us know by contacting email@example.com or 0207 939 1250.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients.
Closing date: 30/07/2018 at midday
Interview date: 03/08/2018
Please complete the below application documents and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than the closing date and time stated above as applications received after the deadline will not be put forward for shortlisting.
CVs will not be considered.
We kindly request no contact from recruitment or media agencies.