- HR Business Partner x2
HR Business Partner x2
|Job title||Job reference number|
|HR Business Partner x2||0817.HRBP.VAR|
|Salary||Hours per week|
|£38,450pa up to £41,750pa||37.5 (LSE) and 22.5 (NE)|
|Permanent||London and North East|
Depaul helps people around the UK who are homeless, vulnerable and disadvantaged with a special focus on young people.
We are a homeless charity with the largest network of emergency accommodation for young people in the UK, making a difference to the lives of thousands of young people each year. We are unique, innovative and very passionate about what we do working in the very heart of local communities.
You will have a vital role to play in helping us to achieve our mission of offering homeless and disadvantaged people the opportunity to fulfil their potential and move towards an independent and positive future.
We have recently launched an ambitious new three-year strategy to 2020 with the goal of expanding our much needed services and growing our skilled workforce to deliver support to more individuals and communities. To enable this growth, we have reshaped our Human Resources function to have more reach across our nationwide activities and more depth of specialist expertise to guide our managers and deliver a responsive, in-house service tailored to Depaul’s operational needs and strategic aims.
As a vital part of the refreshed HR Team, we are now seeking two HR Business Partners who will build effective working relationships with senior and middle managers, providing specialist advice and support for both operational issues and business development, nurturing confidence and capability in people managers at all levels through coaching and guidance.
You will be a true business partner to your region, with a stake in its successful development as part of the management team, as well as working closely with other specialist roles in the HR & Quality Team to deliver a holistic, integrated range of services.
The London-based full-time role will cover around 150 staff London and the South East, with the part-time Newcastle-based role covering a workforce of around 80 in the North region, which currently includes services in the North East, Manchester and Sheffield.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Full membership of CIPD (MCIPD)
- Significant experience of working in a Human Resources role, ideally as a HR Business Partner and, preferably, with some experience in the charity or public sector
- A track record in delivering organisational change to successful outcomes
- Strategic awareness of business issues and how these translate into effective HR interventions
- Excellent influencing, partnership building and negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of employment law, including TUPE, and ability to apply this to individual and collective employee relations matters and change programmes
In return, we can offer a range of employee benefits including competitive salary, five weeks' annual holiday plus bank holidays (rising to six weeks plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, life assurance and childcare voucher scheme.
Depaul strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. If you require information to be sent to you in an alternative format, please let us know by contacting email@example.com or 0207 939 1250.
To apply for this role you should submit a CV with a covering letter outlining:
- why you are interested in the role
- which role you are applying for (one role will be based in London, one in Whitley Bay, near Newcastle)
- what you can bring to Depaul
- How you meet the qualifications, experience, skills and competencies as outlined in the job description
Your CV should include specific dates of employment (month and year, with any gaps in employment history explained) and the names and contact details of two professional referees. One of these must be your current or most recent employer.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the closing date and time stated above, as applications received after the deadline will not be put forward for shortlisting.
Closing date: Monday, 18 September 2017 at midday.
We kindly request no contact from recruitment or media agencies.