- Endeavour Centre Host
Endeavour Centre Host
|Job title||Job reference number|
|Endeavour Centre Host||0407.ECH.LSE|
|Salary||Hours per week|
|Permanent||London, SE1 4QQ|
Depaul UK delivers a wide range of support and housing services for young people and adults at risk of homelessness. We specialise in the provision of services that prevent homelessness, increase the resilience of those we work with and energise opportunities for employment, education, training and volunteering in the communities we work within.
Our organisation reaches from Newcastle to London, Greater Manchester to Sheffield and Kent.
Your work will be underpinned by the Depaul Endeavour model of assets based, psychologically informed delivery. The aim of which is to ensure that every client leaves a Depaul service with the skills and resilience to be confident and self-determining in their lives.
We are currently looking for an Endeavour Centre Host to come and join our London Programmes team..
About the job role
The role of the Endeavour Centre Host will design and deliver innovative training initiatives for our clients, and oversee the smooth running of the Endeavour Centre, which is a safe space for young people, guests and staff to use.
You will coordinate a team of volunteers to run the café, and work closely with the Get Volunteering Coordinator to introduce employability training packages for our young people to help them gain new skills in-house, and then support them into volunteering, training, and employment opportunities both within and outside of Depaul.
To do this, you will develop strong links with the local community and businesses, who will provide training, work experience and employment options for our young people and help us to support them into independence.
In addition to this, the Endeavour Centre also provides a wonderful space for our Get Up and Go (GUAG) activities which you will support as part of the London Programmes Team.
What we are looking for from you
When completing your application form please address all the points set out below, regarding the qualities of an ideal candidate:
- An enthusiastic self-starter and networker who is able to develop workable solutions relying on own initiative, working as part of a team, operating with high levels of personal and professional integrity
- Experience of delivering innovative customer service, working in the hospitality sector, and developing and supporting a team of volunteers to deliver outcomes
- Confident at establishing links with local business and corporate partners to provide and promote pathways to employment by designing and implementing training programmes, work experience and placements
- Strong understanding of/ ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with trainees and volunteers, and an awareness of operating safeguarding requirements and procedures
- Ability to effectively reflect on own practices and respect for the values and ethos of Depaul
In return we can offer a range of employee benefits including; competitive salary, five weeks annual holiday plus bank holidays (rising to six weeks plus bank holidays), contributory pension scheme, life assurance and childcare voucher scheme.
Depaul strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. If you require information to be sent to you in an alternative format please let us know by contacting email@example.com or 0207 939 1250.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is a requirement for this post. Our recruitment checks, induction and ongoing support and supervision reflect our commitment to safeguarding our clients.
Closing date: 13/07/2018
Interview date: TBC
Please complete the below application documents and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than the closing date and time stated above Applications received after the deadline will not be put forward for shortlisting.
CVs will not be considered.
We kindly request no contact from recruitment or media agencies.